Facts about Heart Disease in Women
● Monday is the most common day of the week for a heart attack to occur.
● Saturday ranks second.
● According to the cardiology journal, Heart, the majority of heart attacks happen during the early morning hours between 4-10am. This is when the blood platelets are stickier therefore increasing adrenaline released from the adrenal glands. This can cause plaque in the coronary glands to rupture. Even worse, heart attacks occurring between the morning hours of 6am to 12noon caused the most damage,
● Heart attacks are 27% more likely to occur on or around your birthday! This happens especially in women with high blood pressure…KNOW YOUR NUMBERS, Ladies!!!
● 2,000 gallons of blood…how much our heart pumps in just one day!
● 2.5 BILLION TIMES…how many times our precious heart beats in an average lifetime!
● Every minute, the heart pumps an entire supply of blood(about five quarts), throughout our whole body.
● Almost half of women who experience a heart attack will be dead by the end of the first year following the event.
● In many female heart attack survivors, the attack itself is the first sign of heart disease.
● Neck circumference may be as important a risk factor as abdominal fat for predicting a heart attack.
● Grab those yummy strawberries! Women who eat at least 2 servings per week are 14% less likely to have elevated levels of C-reactive protein in their blood which is an indicator of inflammation that’s been linked to heart disease. Strawberries are packed with lycopene helps with the above mentioned process.
In many female heart attack survivors, the attack itself is the first sign of heart disease.
Be Proactive…Know your numbers! What is your blood pressure? What are your cholesterol levels? Empower yourself and take action!
Professional CPR Certification San Diego
Empower yourself! Learn CPR…there’s an 88% chance the life you save is someone you know and love. We provide CPR classes in San Diego for working professional as well as family and friends.
- BLS, Heartsaver, Family and Friends Classes
- Certification Cards Issued on Location
- We come to your Location for Group Classes
Call Now: (619)942-2000
CPR Chicks Company Info - CPR Classes in San Diego County, Los Angeles and Orange County
Founded by 2 dynamic professional women committed to teaching CPR classes in San Diego and life saving skills while having fun doing it! We understand the demands of everyday life and strive to make our classes convenient and easy to learn. We will come to you in your office, organization, church or home with our training tools and know how. Our class curriculum conforms to current AHA guidelines. We guarantee you will leave our class confident with the skills necessary to effectively administer CPR for first aid to babies or adults.
Call or email us to schedule your group CPR class.
Have you taken a CPR chicks class? We'd love a review!
Service Area and Hours
We come to your location:
Monday - Sunday
(9am - 5pm)
Most classes are held in the evenings and weekends.